Public Health Nurse
About Public Health Nurse
Public Health Nurses (PHN) are Registered Nurses who work with Communities on preventative health programs to lower the incidence of disease and injury, and to promote healthy lifestyles. The specific areas include but are not limited to:
- Immunization Programs - Child health clinics, school immunizations and flu clinics
- Healthy pregnancy, breastfeeding, infant and child health
- Community Assessment and Community development
- Health Education and Promotion
- Communicable Disease Control
Goals & Objectives
The NITHA PHN consults with the Community Leadership and health staff to assess community strengths and to identify current health issues. The NITHA PHN also supports the 2nd level organizations and the Community Health Nurses with consultations about immunization schedules, recommendations and adverse events following immunizations.
The NITHA PHN provides the following 3rd level services:
- policy development
- program evaluation
- nursing updates
- vaccine management
Other services include immunization certification, education, and updates to nurses and other health staff in the NITHA partnership and Communities.
For more information please contact the NITHA Public Health Nurse.