About NITHA Nursing Program
The nursing program at NITHA brings leadership, innovation and vision to support and/or supplement the Partnership in the areas of Home Care, Community Health and Primary Care nursing programs. The program strives to foster a high standard of nursing within the Partnership by providing clinical, educational and policy support covering nursing practices.
Program Goals & Objectives
- Advocates for First Nations nursing issues to all levels of government, educational institutions and professional organizations.
- Assists the development of policy, procedures and manuals to reflect established standards of nursing practice and remains current with new developments in nursing practice.
- Coordinate centrally based orientation skills training (OST) sessions for newly hired primary care nurses within the Partnership and ensure compliance of the standards of the “Transfer of Medical Function”.
- Supports clinical nurse practice by assisting Nurse Managers in the development and implementation of models of nursing service delivery within the Partnership
- Coordinates and provides support to the Nursing Working Groups
- Coordinates and or facilitates the delivery of recommended education and training programs.
For more information about the nursing program please contact the NITHA Nursing Program Advisor.